This recipe is so simple you won't believe it! It's a favorite of ours because it bursts with flavor, takes only a few minutes and one pan AND works on pasta, gnocchi and zoodles.
Brown Sugar-Miso Ice Cream
Servings: 1 Quart
1 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white miso
5 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and miso. Place over medium heat & scald, whisking often.
2. Meanwhile, place egg yolks into mixing bowl and whisk until pale colored.
3. Temper milk mixture into yolks. Add milk-egg mixture back into the saucepan and hat on medium low heat until mixture thickens.
4. Pour the heavy cream into a clean mixing bowl with a strainer set on top of it, once custard is thickened, strain into the the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
5. Chill and spin in the ice cream machine.
These days, kids spend a majority of their time in front of a screen. Whether it is watching the latest Marvel movie, playing Candy Crush on a smartphone, or sitting in front of the computer for an afternoon of classwork, our society is completely consumed with technology.
The good news is, there are ways to pull children out of that blackhole, and one of them is by cooking with them.