Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
1 1/2-pound flat iron steaks
2/3 c. Parsley, Basil, and Tarragon Leaves, Chopped Fine
2 ea. Lemons, Zested
1 ea. Garlic Clove, Minced
2 T, Capers, Drained and Coarsely Chopped
1/2 t. Kosher Salt
Black Pepper to taste
1 c. Olive Oil
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients, taste, adjust seasoning if necessary. Refrigerate
Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
Place steaks on grill and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
Thinly slice steaks across grain. Serve with chimichurri sauce.
4 ea. Salmon Fillets
3 oz. Olive Oil
1/2 c. White Wine
2 T. Shallots, Julienne
2 t. Garlic, minced
4 t. Capers, drained
2 T. Lemon Juice
4 T. Parsley, Chopped
1/2 t. Black Pepper
3 oz. Cold Butter, Cubed
1. In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add olive oil to hot pan. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place salmon, flesh side down in the pan for 4 minutes. Flip.
2. Lower the heat and add shallots, garlic, and capers. Cook until translucent.
3. Add white wine and reduce by half. Remove fish from pan and plate flesh side up.
4. Turn heat off and remove pan from stove. Add lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, and cold butter to the pan, whisking continually until butter is emulsified.
5. Spoon sauce over fish.
Grilled Shrimp with Miso Garlic Butter
Servings: 4 - 6
1 lb. Shrimp (24-26 count)
6 tbsp Butter melted
1-2 tbsp Miso paste (use the lighter version)
1 Garlic clove-pressed, microplaned or finely minced.
Pinch of Pepper
1 tbsp EVOO
1. Preheat your grill to med-high
2. In a larger dish, pour in the melted butter, miso, garlic and pepper and whisk to combine.
Toss the shrimp in to coat.
3. Skewer the shrimp on bamboo skewers and grill until until pink, turning to cook both sides, about 2 minutes or less per side. (Don't over cook!!)
Brown Sugar-Miso Ice Cream
Servings: 1 Quart
1 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white miso
5 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and miso. Place over medium heat & scald, whisking often.
2. Meanwhile, place egg yolks into mixing bowl and whisk until pale colored.
3. Temper milk mixture into yolks. Add milk-egg mixture back into the saucepan and hat on medium low heat until mixture thickens.
4. Pour the heavy cream into a clean mixing bowl with a strainer set on top of it, once custard is thickened, strain into the the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
5. Chill and spin in the ice cream machine.
Servings: 1 qt Source: Gourmet