Brown Sugar-Miso Ice Cream
Servings: 1 Quart
1 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white miso
5 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and miso. Place over medium heat & scald, whisking often.
2. Meanwhile, place egg yolks into mixing bowl and whisk until pale colored.
3. Temper milk mixture into yolks. Add milk-egg mixture back into the saucepan and hat on medium low heat until mixture thickens.
4. Pour the heavy cream into a clean mixing bowl with a strainer set on top of it, once custard is thickened, strain into the the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
5. Chill and spin in the ice cream machine.