Grilled Shrimp with Miso Garlic Butter
Servings: 4 - 6
1 lb. Shrimp (24-26 count)
6 tbsp Butter melted
1-2 tbsp Miso paste (use the lighter version)
1 Garlic clove-pressed, microplaned or finely minced.
Pinch of Pepper
1 tbsp EVOO
1. Preheat your grill to med-high
2. In a larger dish, pour in the melted butter, miso, garlic and pepper and whisk to combine.
Toss the shrimp in to coat.
3. Skewer the shrimp on bamboo skewers and grill until until pink, turning to cook both sides, about 2 minutes or less per side. (Don't over cook!!)
Brown Sugar-Miso Ice Cream
Servings: 1 Quart
1 cup whole milk
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white miso
5 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and miso. Place over medium heat & scald, whisking often.
2. Meanwhile, place egg yolks into mixing bowl and whisk until pale colored.
3. Temper milk mixture into yolks. Add milk-egg mixture back into the saucepan and hat on medium low heat until mixture thickens.
4. Pour the heavy cream into a clean mixing bowl with a strainer set on top of it, once custard is thickened, strain into the the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
5. Chill and spin in the ice cream machine.
Servings: 1 qt Source: Gourmet